Friday 22 February 2019

My experience in Latvia

WhatsApp Image 2019-02-13 at 10.03.06.jpeg
When I ever thought of Latvia, there was nothing around my mind. Just some cold Baltic country. And as it is cold, its people should be cold as well. Winter country, they shouldn't have a lot to eat. This was all. I had only a little idea and all that was wrong!
Sweet and hospitable people, wonderful food, small but really beautiful country. I learned a lot about its history to understand better their situation now. I learned another way to see the world through their eyes, I gained a new point of view. I traveled, I enjoyed but most importantly I made smile tens of Latvians through volunteering!
I have weekly orphanage visit, I met the most beautiful children I've ever seen. They hug me through my belly and they made me feel blessed. I learned that they kept asking about Turkey after I left. Today I go to see them again and I made cake for them!
I give Turkish lessons and my students know a lot! They love Turkey, they even serve me Turkish tea during the class. 
I had knitting activity with people to make hats and scarfs for the poor. I have English speaking clubs talking about anything.
And we are organizing a wonderful science festival that I dreamed of. My coordinator was really helpful to bring my idea alive. Science center of Daugavpils agreed to help me for free! Student parliement members help me to promote all schools! Everybody working their best to make my dream alive and teach science with me! Oh and I keep having a lot of hugs and love all the time. I'm living my best life.

WhatsApp Image 2019-02-13 at 10.05.34 (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2019-02-13 at 10.05.34.jpeg

No comments:

Post a Comment