Tuesday 5 February 2019

Humans of IYACA

"Normally, I am a very cautious and restless person whenever I am about to have a journey. Most of the time I get prepared a night before and cannot comfortably sleep with the fear of being late. However, things were not in the normal way in Madrid when we had an Erasmus+ project. It was the last night of ours, we would turn back to Turkey, and I was the one who would wake everyone up for the journey which was very early in the morning. We were supposed to take the bus, which was once per hour, to reach the airport to catch our plane. I was so tired that I left some of the things to be packed up in the morning and went to bed having set up my alarm. Unfortunately, I overslept and could not wake my friends up on time. My “panicky” friends woke me up just ten minutes before the bus. I still do not know how I managed to pack my things and left in ten minutes and we all could catch the bus on time."
                                                                                                                    - Merve 'IYACA volunteer'

No comments:

Post a Comment