Saturday 29 December 2018

Humans of IYACA

“One day, when I was in Azerbaijan with EVS, my friends and I decided to hitchhike to reach a town from a city center. We stood on the road, however, at first, nobody stopped… Later, a truck driver saw and took us but the he warned us that there will be a traffic control. Therefore, one of us had to get in the back of the car. That “lucky” person was me. I needed to wait until they were sure that there was no control. Waiting in the back of the truck alone was very stressful to me. There was no fresh air there and the temperature was so high that it made me sweaty. To be honest, I felt like I was involved in a human smuggling. After 15 minutes, I joined the others and took my seat among them. Even though this story might scare you, when my friends and I remember it now, we share a good laugh.”

Ayhan – IYACA volunteer.



No comments:

Post a Comment