Tuesday 18 December 2018

The beginning of new journey in Lithuania


Hello, I am Eda from Turkey. I am part of this organization and I am spending my time as a volunteer in Montessori pre-school in Lithuania. I am here almost for 1 month and this month passed very quickly because it was full of exciting trips and meetings with my great new friends.
On the first day my tutor picked me up from Vilnius airport and took me to my flat which is at 14th floor with a great view. She was so nice and she still is.
About Lithuania:
After one month here I can say that Lithuania is a great country to live in (just ignoring the cold weather). Even though it is so cold here, people here are very nice and friendly.
Food is very very cheap here even in the restaurants. There are plenty of second hand shops here where cheap clothes are available. Also in the markets (Maxima, Rimi, etc...) it is possible to find cheap things.

I have arrived here on 10th of September and I could enjoy the sun only for one week. From now on, the weather is very cold. Moreover, it is always changing. The sun can be visible for 5 minutes and then it might start raining for another 30 minutes together with strong winds and later on the sun is visible once more. So it's better if you carry your sunglasses, umbrella and warm coat at the same time.
The same week that I have arrived here, there was a conference about immigration of adults. I enjoyed the presentations and my experience there and I also had an opportunity to express my opinion on being a foreigner in another country. I met many people there and enjoyed their company a lot.
About trip:
I have many great friends here and I feel like a part of a huge family. During my first month we have been to Anykščiai. No doubt it was one of the best trips in my life.     
Anykščiai is a very green town. We have been in a treetop walking path where you can feel like walking on top of the forest. Anykščiai church is one of the biggest and most glorious churches I have ever been to.

About work:
As I already told, I am a volunteer in montesorri pre-school. I am working with 3-6 years old angels and all of them are very adorable. I would like to mention that the education system of this school is very diffrent and interesting. Children are very independed and can do many things by theirself. Every detail is very importand while working with them. But in general, it's very lovely to work with them.
In short, I am having such a nice time here, I don't even have 5 minutes of free time. Working, travelling, discovering around and meeting with friends… It makes me feel like I am not wasting any minute of my time here.
See you next month!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment