Saturday 15 December 2018

New EVS, new skills


Last year I decided to venture myself to have a new adventure, in this case to do volunteering through European Voluntary Service for 2 months and 10 months with the same organization in the North seaside of Gdansk and Czersk in Poland. What motivated me to do EVS was the chance to take part in a project concentrated in social inclusion and it has been a great learning opportunity for me to work with groups which had difficulties. Moreover, I wanted to learn a new language and find out more about new culture.





In Czersk our job as volunteers was to support disable people in household chores (like helping them to clean their rooms, to cook meals...) and also to help them in outdoor activities (shopping, eating outside, make excursions and to accompany them to school or gym...) There were various activities that brought us close to local disable people, showing that the project was worthwhile and special.

When I had free time, it was also a great chance to travel! I have visited Amsterdam, Berlin, Hamburg and some cities in Poland. I gained great experiences and made great friends during my project in Czersk. I have met a lot of people who made my experience great. I had a chance to live with people from Holland, Belgium and Bolivia and even Vietnam! We could learn and share things about our countries, food, culture, live our daily life together despite the fact that we all come from completely different countries.
The project in Czersk has finished, but what matters is that I enjoyed every moment of it. Now I am continuing my EVS with another sending and hosting organizations. New experiences are waiting for me and I am really excited for that! After the project in Czersk finished, I started a new project in Gdansk. During it I enjoyed my time with Olena in the office where we organized cooking club, Turkish and English club and some sport activities for elderly. By the way, I’m going to clubs and some organizations in Gdansk and I made amazing friends in the city during my free time. As a result, time is passing so fast here because I feel so lucky because I work with great people and I hope that they are happy to work with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment