Sunday 11 April 2021

Things I enjoy in Ankara

Hello, my dear friends! 

My name is Bianka, I am from Slovakia( not Slovenia) and at the moment I am a part of  IYACA as a ESC short-term volunteer.
I would like to tell you a little bit about my 1st month in Ankara, so please, have a seat, grab a cup of coffee or tea and enjoy. :)

Everything started maybe around the Christmas time when I have decided I would like to pursue a short-term ESC volunteering. I was bored at home and I wanted a change. I was somehow missing socializing, spending time outside, talking in english and learning new things. After browsing my FB page, I found a vacant spot in IYACA and the choice was obvious. :) That is how my journey begun.

As we all know, covid  does affect all the countries and Turkey is no exception, so when I decided to come here I knew that there will be a lot of restrictions and therefore a lot of activities that we would normally take part in would not be happening. But I have still decided to come. Do I regret it? No. 

Maybe the luck was on my side but when I first came to Ankara, the very next day all the coffee places and restaurants opened. You can imagine how happy I was. Exploring different types of coffee places, finding new vegan restaurants and seeing so many people at one place made my heart skip a beat!

Soo to not let you fall asleep, here is a short sum up of things I like and enjoy in Ankara! :)

Eating a turkish breakfast.
Drinking cheap Starbucks (do not judge, but finding soy milk can be quite challenging at coffee places)
I am an endless lover of baklava and simit. (yes, please)
Vegan ayran ( yes, it can be vegan and it can be good!)
And I am able to eat Çiğ Köfte for breakfast,lunch and dinner at the same day and I would have no regrets what so ever. (yes, please vol2)
Watching sunset at Atakule and eating onion rings. ( do not get me wrong, you need to watch sunset and eat onion rings at the same time, that is how you do it!)

Well, I guess life is about all the small things and moments that we truly enjoy, right? :)














No comments:

Post a Comment