Thursday 29 November 2018

My first experience with EVS

Hello everyone,
I am Fulya. This project is the first similiar experience to me. Firstly, if you make use of your time well you can learn a lot. I completed the first month of three month long-term project in Romania. The project is implemented in Ciorogarla, 17 km West of Romania. I had new experiences in this country. If I were the describe the project, it is about acculturation with children at High School. Initially the language had become a problem for us. However, now we have a stronger communication with children. While we teach them Turkish culture and language, they teach us Romanian culture and language. We live in a dormitory next to the school. We have to cook in our shared kitchen.

Thanks to IYACA, I travelled a lot of and saw many new places. Firstly, I went to Bucharest. The city has over 60 museums and memorial houses. Everyone should visit to the National Museum of Art of Romania which I enjoyed a lot. Also I recommend to try Romanian deserts that are very delicious.
If you are looking for a carefully designed green oasis in the heart of the city visit Herastrau Park. It is the oldest and the most popular public garden. I recommend you to rent a bike there for an incredible experience.
I also went to Brasov. During the weekend we had a lot of fun and I am realy glad that I could be part of that trip. I have seen even more thanI expected. The city holds such a significant monuments as Dracula Castle, Peles Castle and the old town. There are a lot of beautiful places to visit in Romania. Don’t be afraid to explore a new place. Although EVS was my first experience the time passes quickly and enjoyable.


No comments:

Post a Comment