Tuesday 6 March 2018

Learning, travelling with fun

Hello everyone,

I am just in the middle of my EVS Project, I have mixed emotions. I am highly greatful for my time spent so far, also  I am happy cause I still have one month, but I am sad to know it will pass away as fast as the previous month did. My first blog was about my arriving and first impressions but for now  I feel much more riches of experiences, about a different  culture, life style and it is really satisfying. I would like to  never stop the exploration. 


Even in one month, the differences in Daily life became habitual but there are still million things what I could learn about Turkey. At least I have learned to travel in the crazy traffic without heart attack, I get used to use roughly the turkish keyboard,  I got to know I love Turkish food, and now I know I am able to drink 2 liters of tea per a day. I learned, some body expressions means something totally different than in Hungary, maybe it was the most difficult part of my learning, to change my reflex reactions. For example what is “What’s up” for us, for Turkish peaople means  “No”. What is “What’s up” for them, that’s  obviously flirting for us. But I had no problems about this differences, I experienced kindness and conforming from turkish people, especially if I try to use that few basic words what I have learned. J  


Weekly we are visiting a school and spending our time with sweet 6-7 years old children. Every week has some surprise for us from the cutties. They are speaking only Turkish, they just get acquainted with English language, and – of course – they don’t  know what is foreigner. They think we can speak Turkish, we just acting like we wouldn’t  know. So I am listening many stories and expressions from the children, I have no idea what about. J At the beggining I didn’t  know how to deal with this particular situation, but time to time I realised how open are they even If we can’t understand each other in every cases, we are playing and learning together,  it’s awesome. Joyful and useful cooperation; they learning English, I’m learning Turkish – and get many hugs and smiles every time. I am planning to learn some adorable Turkish children’s song. Especially one song stucked in my mind, I hum it every day, so I need to learn it for my soul peace. J


I had luck to be part in a Project with IYACA about non-formal education what was organized in Antalya. After  5 hours around travelling by car, the beautiful weather greeted us. +15-20 degrees, sunshine, and I even didn’t talk about the city. But go step by step. Many people participated from 7 countries and wanted to learn together about the Project’s topic and also about each other. Many many sessions, games and fun could build a lovely group from all around the World. I am so greatful for the knowladge what I could get during the Project. Also we had tour in the city. From the morning till evening we visited the most famous signseens. I was amazed. Especially the old part of the city stole my heart with the pretty houses, narrow streets beautiful natüre and sea view.


I am really thankful for IYACA for all experiences, knowladge and fun what I had during my EVS, I am happy for the time ahead me, and next destination is İstanbul. 


No comments:

Post a Comment