Wednesday 21 March 2018

Inscrutable city: İstanbul

Hello everyone,
I just arrived back to Ankara from the magical İstanbul. I participated in EVS On-arrival training even if I am so close to finish my volunteering, I found it very useful. Before this training I had some informations about EVS volunteering and youth work and also I learned a lot during my project, but now I see more clearly. In five days we got education about many details so after this training you can understand every aims and reasons of volunteering. I met with a lot of great people, also volunteers and we could share our experiences and remarks.
Also I was so happy that the training was in İstanbul, and finally I could visit the city what everyone loves with whom I was talking about my trip. Lot of people told me many things how the city is, but I couldn’t understand till I experienced personally. Unbelievable the great many beautiful buildings, mosques, towers and so many shops, restaurants, strictly speaking you can find everything what you may look for. Huge city with 15 million people, many different cultures and historical places, seems impossible to explore everything (would take years).
Cause the limited time, I could visit only few places, but I tryed to use all my free times for exploring. I guess everyone who is going to İstanbul visiting Ayasofya and the beautiful square. It’s not coincidence! On that square I felt I am in the Turkish culture’s center. After a short walk, we started our tour in the neverending Grand Bazaar, with a pack of Turkish delight and got lost in the shop jungle. But our adventure didn’t end up here, next destination was Miniatürk and the Galata tower (Galata Kule), the famous tower with so rich history, lot of stories and legends connected with it. So amazing that the ­670 years old edifice still flawlessly beautiful, with stunning view from the top.  
I also tryed to visit many areas of the city, Taksim, Kadıköy, Beşiktas, Eyüp, etc, all had their own atmosphere and style. That’s why it’s a so colorful and inscrutable city. It was my first time in İstanbul, hopefully not the last! İnşallah! 

No comments:

Post a Comment