Friday 9 March 2018

Ankara tour


Hello everyone,
It’s Sara again. I had a great opportunity to visit some famous signseens with a small group from different countries and I would like to share few thoughts about it with you.
 Foreign people who lives in Ankara long time ago offered me to listen their tour guard tryings. Of course I got on the chance and I don’t regret it at all! Lot of pleasure walking in the city allowed us to see many statues, mosques , parks and museums in our way. We visited the first independent parlament of Turkey which is a war museum as well. Why I mentioned it was the first “independent” parlament?! Cause in that period the country had two parlaments in the same time, in Ankara and one other in İstanbul. It made some interesting situations in the management, so they disbanded the parlament in İstanbul, and Ankara become the center of state leadership. After we continued our trip to see the column in front of the Social Sciences University. This column was erected in the 3rd century to honour the visit of Roman emperor Julian the Apostate.  Our next destination was the old city, and the castle. The old city became my favourite part of Ankara with the green areas, fortrain, pretty white houses and I felt different atmosphere in that environment. A short tea break, and we started to climb up to the castle. You must be physically capable to climb it though, there are many stairs, but from the top you can see the whole city and it gave back my energy.



Because of the rainy weather, we couldn’t visit Anıtkabir on that day, but few days later  I celebrated the International  Women’s  Day with a tour to see this stunning place. Anıtkabir is Mustafa Kemal  Atatürk’s mausoleum, the first president of Turkish Republic, but as I got to know from the people, it would be and endless listing what Atatürk gave to the country. Hes picture can be found everywhere, so I was really corious about his mausoleum too. When I entered the park, I realised that a quite long way to reach the main building. The whole park is so huge, and the buildings also much bigger than I expected. It was amazing. It confirmed in me the Turkish people’s respect of Atatürk. So hard to write down the feelings what it made me, it’s must see to understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment