Saturday 22 August 2020

Home away from home


When I embarked on my voyage, little did I know the wonders that were about to be bestowed upon me. Firstly coming from the grey skies and rainy temperate of the British Isles, the nearly blinding light and immense sensation of the sunshine ın February was a much reveled moment in. From there the character and vibrant energy of the Turkish culture was felt from the moment I stepped foot out the airport.
Upon arriving in the city of Ankara things begin to truly immerse you with the chaotic rush of a capital city blended perfectly with the warm personalities and amazing hospitality that can only be found in this magnificent nation.
My first port of call was none other than experiencing the unrivaled cuisine, rich in flavour and variety at a extraordinary value for money. Whether it be the mouth-watering menemen to the güzel gözleme or be it the bewildering Börek and even the poignant Poğaça… and these are just a few of the breakfast options that encompass a vast menu, packed with endless dishes that keep you wanting more and more. A reminder to be careful of this as like many who visited before the struggle to not overeat can be very real.  Additionally being greeted by and making friends with many cats can be expected and adds further to the unique experience.
There are many adventures to go on and sights to see for those who are explorers. Centrally located there are many museums and the awe that is Anıtkabir (Home to the founder of the Republic of Turkey), Ankara Kalesi which boasts incredible views far and wide. Along with many parks and architectural marvels that deserve much admiration.

My time spent so far with İYACA has been truly joyful and I'm excited going forward. They have supported me throughout and made every effort to ensure I feel part of their family and at home.




No comments:

Post a Comment