Saturday 12 December 2015

Do you like Turkish foods?, EVS in KAYSERİ

Do you like Turkish foods?
Since I’m in Turkey, one of the most common questions that people ask me is: “do you like Turkish foods?”. Well, I have to say that it’s really a different foods from that one that I’m used to eat in Italy but I always accepted to try everything and then judge it. Now I’m going to tell about the food I tasted.
Let’s start from the best one! My favourite Turkish food is “Iskender”, a kind of doner kebab made of cut grilled lamb basted over pita bread with the adding tomato sauce, butter and yogurt. Still I don't understand why they put yogurt everywhere, but this is another question hahhahha. Anyway it's really delicious and full of calories!


Here other dishes that I liked:
“Maklube”, it’s a dish made with meat, rice and fried vegetables. You put all of them in a pot which is then flipped upside down to be served in order to create a shape. The name literally means “upside-down” because of that. It doesn’t matter then if the shape breaks down after 5 minutes! ;)
I also like “Manti”, the most popular dumplings in Turkish cuisine. They are made with spiced meat mixture (lamb or ground beef) in a dough wrapper. You can cook them in two ways, boil or steam them. The size and the shape can be different among Turkey.
Last night I tried “Arabaṣi”, a food that you eat mainly in winter season. It consist in a hot chicken soup and hamur, a cold batter. A spoon full of cooked cold batter is taken along with each spoon of soup. The combination of cold batter and hot-spicy soup has a special taste!


What about Turkish breakfast? In Turkey breakfast is considered the most important meal, so they eat much more than in Italy and it’s not sweet. A typical breakfast consist in cheese, fresh vegetables as tomatos, eggs, yogurt, olives and bread served as a buffet.



I tasted most of these dishes when I was invited at home of some friends, so I want to thank you all very much!
NB: don’t forget, after every meal you HAVE to drink Turkish tea ;)


1 comment:

  1. And remember to thank God that you could eat find and those food and pray for the ones WHO are suffering from hunger and poverty

    ReplyDelete