Saturday 1 June 2019

I guess I found one of the answers


Our capacity to be connected to almost everything increases every day. We are connected to a huge amount of information but not necessarily to knowledge, we have 24/7 access to internet but not necessarily to reality and so on.

The experience I was able to achieve during my first month in Ankara as an EVS is related to the diverse environment I had access to while organizing the English Speaking Club delivered by IYACA each Friday. At the beginning I was not so happy with the idea of coordinating such an activity because of the lack of experience in the field. All the questions in my head were related to some “what if”s being afraid not to meet participants's expectation.

After 5 thematic meetings with those who attend the English Speaking Club I became more aware regarding the fact that human beings have different needs and expectations in terms of living standards, leisure, cuisine, academic goals and many other aspects of life. I consider that it is very important to be totally aware about these differences between us grace to various social, educational, economic and cultural backgrounds.
I discovered the greatest beauty of the world, it is our diversity. More beautiful is that we can find ways to communicate without making anyone suffer or offend someone. It is for sure up to us to develop such mechanisms aimed to bring cohesion and inclusion instead of highlighting the differences as borders in building a world of “unity in diversity”.
I will continue to research during my stay in Ankara what solutions could be implemented for real by us as young people to promote more mutual understanding between us besides our differences of any kind. 
Stay compassionate and open to humanity!     

No comments:

Post a Comment