Thursday 31 October 2019

Never Too Late For Anything


Hello I’m Turgut Kortemur. I’m 24 years old. I graduated from environmental engineering and now I’m studying master’s degree in environmental technologies. My second year in master’s degree this year and I’m almost 25. I realize I’m late to some things. One of my biggest dreams is like to live abroad… and then I started to research for realizing my dream. What could I do for this? Then by I met EVS, I didn’t want Erasmus because I wanted to experience work life as well. I decided to do EVS that can help people, gain experience and offer oppurtunities for living abroad.
After I did the applications, I was accepted from 4 different project. I chose Lithuania because of the capital of the country (Vilnius) and the work that I want to do. I did interwiev Lithuanian coordinator on Skype and I was accepted. And the advanture began for me. My mentor picked up me from airport when I arrived in Lithuania. Firstly she left me where I’ll stay place and came back with other volunteers in the evening. We went out together and looked around some places. Vilnius didn’t seem unfamiliar to me because it was like that my university town. Mainly student and young people is abundant a place and both of them runs river in the middle.I had a oppurtunity to visit the weekend because of coming on Friday. I went to Trakai and spent funny time with ESN group. I met a lot of people. I started to go to work on Monday, I met detailed with my director and mentor. They told me my responsibilities, what they expect me and they ask me what you expect from us. I said I want to be useful for you, to participate in many projects and to develop myself. Next day, I had English lesson with kids. I described myself, my country, my favourite food and the country where I wanted to go to the most. In the same way, I want from them that. Then I wanted them to draw me and it appeared so funny pictures.
Now, it has been 1 month and I got used to this city. Every passing day is getting more beautiful than previously.


No comments:

Post a Comment