Tuesday 12 May 2020

Life is Short, Birds are Flying!!!


Sometimes everything starts based on a dream, real dream. I guess now the dream has come true, I am in Lithuania… A country very far away from Turkey and very different. Not just only the culture but also people, life style, weather and especially which is very important for me is the food !
Some people asked me here, “why did you choose Lithuania?“ Let me explain; because I wanted to be out of my comfort zone and force myself… Lithuania is a good place for that adventure I guess.

It’s already more than a month I have been living here. Compare to first days I am more integrated into the country and now it’s more easy for me to survive here of course with the support of friends. I am sure that you are hearing this a lot “time is so fast“ yes it is, that’s why exactly you have to try to be out of your safe place: comfort zone and do something for other, not always for you and for your family or people you know. I call it volunteering, it’s mean doing something for others without expecting something-about feeling, because you feel good. It’s “European Solidarity Corps“. Actually nowadays we need a lot of solidarity in order to save life’s in order to handle those difficult days … I am sure all those dark days will pass and everything will be alright, spring will come and the flowers will blooming.
So now it to continue when I start, I have start in Vilnius, some people don’t know where it is, it’s in Lithuania, it is a capital city of Lithuania. This city of day will be a place of many moments for me and all those moments will became a memory. A moment to remember. İt’s started already…
The day I arrive I put my stuff in the room and after ı start to discovering of beautiful Lithuania. Firs I was in Shopping trying to see differences between Turkey and Lithuania. Then I was in the natural areas, then it the center, then in historical places. My discovering process is still continue and I think it won’t finish soon…
In the second week I was in Trakai and Kaunas. These two different places was amazing. I have many useful information about Lithuanian culture and history.
Also before the quarantine I had a chance to organize a workshop with my coordinator and other volunteers. We was in Ozas shopping center, we shared our volunteer experiences with Lithuanian locals.
Now everything’s going smoothly well, most of the time we are at home and working remotely. Staying at home in those days is the best idea. Hope for better days always ahead and I think here the situation will be normal soon...
This is all for now, I hope next month I will have more stories to tell …
All the best and stay healthy,
Servet Avcı - Iyaca Volunteer in Lithuania

No comments:

Post a Comment