Thursday 21 November 2019

Stop The Time


It’s been long time and I said myself that I guess it’s time to write. I was writing general things but not about me. As of today, I’ve completed my project part of 8,5 month and 3,5 months later, I’m going to go back to Turkey. Recently, I’ve been saying that how time flies and I realized that I had a text which has title named ‘how time flies’ and when I wrote that text, only 3 months had passed.
These days also I’m thinking about adaptation to real life because after my project, the dream will finish, I’m going to wake up from this sweat sleep and directly go to real life. I think that this adaptation will be hard for me or I’m exaggerating that situation but I’m talking with my other friends who was volunteer and they are saying same things. I don’t know yet we’ll see and I’m going to let you know if anything happens.
In that period, I attended many events and learned many things that I will apply in my life. I inform high school and university students about volunteering such as who can apply?, how you can apply and how is the process going on?, after you are selected, what waits for you?. As I do that, some of my volunteer friends who are from same organization with me is helping me. We are sharing our experiences, difficulties and how we deal with these. The students were really interested in the issue than I expected. Because generally, volunteering is not being thought at this ages and most of people are afraid of that. It’s long process as well as I had same fears but from the moment I came, I left my all fears at my back and I opened new page. Then you will realize that everything will flow with happiness, other volunteers will be your family and friend, you will face a lot of things more than you expect. That’s why we recommend volunteering to young people.
I want to mention about other events. One of them was about volunteering for elder people. First time you can understand that they are seeking young people for caring elder people but it was totally different. There were more than 20 elder people for being volunteer. This event’s aim was to spread volunteering among elder people. From education(teaching Lithuanian for foreign people) to working with refugees, there were too many subjects. Also I presented our organization there and although they don’t know English, they were trying to communicate with me. I was really surprised by that interest.
Another one was about LGBT+ and it was also informative on that subject. There were 2 speakers who referred to LGBT+ history and insight and what is the companies’ policies about that issue. I was already sensitive about that but I didn’t have much information.
Also I participated in our organization’s training named ‘Creative Social Problem Solving in Refuge and Immigrant Youth Integration’. I was with 20 people from different countries. I wrote my experience from the training.
As a result, everything is going well. I’m going to start training of how to adapt real life next week.






No comments:

Post a Comment