Tuesday 6 October 2020

Exciting Times Abroad

Funny how time flies, right? It has already been two months and my EVS time is aproaching it’s final stages. During this month, I had the chance to focus on myself and on my volunteering responsibilities. Overall, I believe that my EVS experience was a successful project which focused on helping both disadvantaged people and developing the skills of the volunteers through different activities such as writing skills by posting on the organisation’s official blog, speaking skills by participating in a Virtual Exchange local meeting, social skills by finding different ways of communicating with people that could not understand my language, boosting my social tolerance level by understanding and accepting the differences of each person I met.

I took part in various activities from which I discovered the Turkish culture, its history, its language, the hospitality and beauty of this country. I helped people in need, packing and distributing food to them, I learned about their culture and history and I enjoyed their hospitality and the beauty of their country by visiting and staying in different cities (Antalya, Kapadokya).






Almost a month has passed since the last post and as I was writing this down, I was starting to feel not just nostalgic, but melancholic, about how good it felt to live in Turkey for two months. A perfect word for this feelings would be “saudade”, a portuguese word, which they use it to describe something they miss fondly. I wish I had more time to explore this beautiful country and its people, the foods and the unique experiences it has to offer, but as the saying goes “All good things must come to an end”, I was aware of the fact that this day would come. Until next time, I will just say Sonra görüşürüz Türkiye!







No comments:

Post a Comment