Monday 25 January 2016

The “WROCLAW”

Time passes so fast, it’s already been two months here. Honestly, it is hard to write below each memories and the facts I had but summarize will be better. I met with good friends and was witness of Polish hospitality, kindness and happiness. Thus, I did not have any problem, luckily :)
Wroclaw is the city which fulfilled with historical churches, catedrals and amazing buildings. I really fall in love with that. City has own beauty, characteristic. That makes me think to stay forever. For the ones, who have the possibility to come here with EVS or Erasmus+ I advice you to participate those programmes in winter season. It might be quite cold (such as east part of Turkey) but really worth that.
The winter in Wroclaw… One of the hardest thing for me to get used but still I’m on the process. If you like snowy weather, although you’re outor inside, Wroclaw will show its beauty to you. There is one more thing, which I must implement to you… Christmas and Slywester (New Year’s Eve) are amazing in Wroclaw! That was my first abroad New Year’s Eve experience but I love it (although many people were drunk :)).

Besides, I would like to mention that, during Christmas – Slywester period, many markets & restaurants are not open. Yet, they inform you before those close days. Most of the markets – shops are not open. City might seems like dead but if you have good company, just feel the silence through your ears then peace in your veins…
(Famous Christmas Tree in Wroclaw Rynek)
Many things have told for Wroclaw, it’s time to say few things about EVS in Semper Avanti. During my EVS, we have really organized working schedule and thus every single person has own responsibility. For example, I have “cultural presentations” and “human rights workshops” in high schools and kinder gartens. It’sperfect to be an elder one among youth. Once upon a time, I was like one of them on the class. I intend to not make them bored and get the informations on the topics. Here is one of the class which I had a cultural presentation:

Nowadays I focused on my “Turkish Course” and its promotions through social media accounts within few posters which may pay students’ attention easily. I would like to share one of that with you.





I believe, instead of classical “announcement type posters” would never work and pay students’ attention, therefore I designed such a thing. And it works better than I expected. On the first lesson, I got 24 students (3 Turkish including). I felt really happy to see the crowd, at least, promotion and all the efforts – tiredness – worth for this.


Indeed, there are many things to share, many memories to tell but for now, better to say goodbye. Although there are a bit kind of racism (not more than %10 of people) among Polish people, I love them and their country. Until the next article, I would like to say the precious sentence to you in Polish for sure :

DO WIDZENİA !!!



No comments:

Post a Comment