Wednesday 17 June 2015

European Voluntary Service, a new experience....

Always I liked to travel and learn about other cultures, but this might be a different way, I met the European Voluntary Service through the Internet and found a great opportunity to travel while working with a project in the country of destination. Turkey.
Everything was very easy, through the association that handled my volunteering in Spain where I come from and who acted as intermediary with the association of destination IYACA!
Everything was ready; airline ticket, passport, and contact with the association previously through Facebook ... just wait for the exact day to begin my adventure.
I must admit that I was very nervous from the start, waiting for the journey, to live a new experience, unknown to me, not knowing if it would be okay if I would be at ease ... being in an unfamiliar country, with a different culture and where the people don’t speak your own language, give you a little scary at first, it's normal. But when you get and in my case I arrived to Turkey and you can see that you can communicate and are friendly people who are attentive to everything be ok ... the nerves disappear.
Three days ago that I arrived to Kayseri and hope to share the experiences and anecdotes that I will live during the two months of my stay here, open my mind and enjoy everything new that I'm going to meet .
Oh! I forgot introduce myself, my name is Miriam, I have 26 years and I'm from Seville in Spain. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment