Tuesday 11 August 2020

Greetings from Ankara

     Hello, everybody, my name is Dumitru and I am Romanian, but I come from the Republic of Moldova.

    I have already spent a month in Ankara and I am just in love with this city. I was acquainted a little with the turkish culture before, but I still can find out a lot. I came here on 9th of July. The first place I visited here was Anitkabir, which is the mausoleum of Mustafa Kemal Ataturk. It is a very emotional place for Turks and I consider it to be a very important place to visit for anyone interested in Turkish history. Unfortunately i was not able to visit the museum there, because of coronavirus pandemic it is closed. I could still admire the architectural and historical beauty of Anitkabir and I hope I will return to Ankara to visit the museum.


Turkish culture is very rich. The food in Turkey is so delicious and diverse. In my opinion only a foreigner can understand the feeling when you are in a restaurant and you don't know what to choose, because you would like to try everything. I like very much Turkish music, especially Angara music. One can see people singing in the street and playing musical instruments, some of which I have never seen anywhere else, like the bağlama or the goblet drum. Turkish dances are also very beautiful.



    The next place i visited was the Ankara Castle. It is located in Ulus region. The castle has a beautiful architecture and an amazing view of the city. Not far away from the castle there is the Rahmi M. Koc Museum. It is definetely the best museum i visited. You can find anything there. Retro cars, model trains, vinyl players and vinyl disks, small sculptures of different people, paintings, planes, walking sticks, smoking pipes, sewing machines, engines, computers, musical instruments, ships inside bottles, bikes and motorcycles. Everything can be found in this museum, and also working rooms of craftsmen. It takes a few hours to visit the museum, because it is very big.
    I enjoy being here. At the office everybody is very friendly and collegial. The environment is very pleasant. This is my first time as a volunteer, and i like it very much. The host organization is helping me with anything i need and giving me good advice. I am so happy i came to Ankara and I look forward to coming here. I recommend everybody to come to Ankara and encourage to become a volunteer, as it is an amazing experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment