Friday 14 February 2020

Guess Who's Back With New Experiences


Hello! I am back!
I would like to share with all of you my few month’s experiences in Turkey during my Volunteering service!
So I attended three projects in Istanbul, Ankara and also I had on-arrival training, for sure it’s a bit too late for on-arrival training for me, but ‘’It’s better later, than never’’.
Starting from Istanbul project, it was not the first time for me in Istanbul, but still it was nice to visit that city! In that project I met a lot of incredible people with lot of experiences which ones they were open to share. All of them were from different countries, it’s so cool to meet people from different cultures and try their traditional meals, drinks. I should be thankful for all of the organizers of the project, because they made that activity called ‘’Cultural Night’’. Also I learned a lot of things about ESC, projects writings and more things, but I guess I don’t have to say all of them because I don’t think it’s interesting for you to read that so I will just talk about simple things without getting into official side. Very interesting thing was to stay far away from city center, somewhere in forest and finally to stay in ‘calm’ place, why ‘calm’? Because we were lot of participants and we had amazing evenings with music and more stuff, so actually it was calm only in day time. So if to be honest Istanbul project was the BEST!

Ankara project. It was very nice also, but you know its kind a boring when you have project in the same city like you staying and you can’t see anything new… But in all cases I again learned a lot of things just for sure different things from Istanbul project because topics was also different. Just problem was about Ankara project that some people was not so interested to the project topic just to night part. Also I got new experience by being photographer, so +1 new skill to me.

On-Arrival training. I won’t speak a lot about on-arrival training, because it was more official just to let volunteers understand their rights and more important things about being volunteer. As I said it was a bit too late for me because I already knew all these things, but if that would be for me in first months it would helped me a lot by understanding things, and getting new friends from all around turkey who’s also volunteers. But I highly recommend to attend that kind of project when you are volunteer, it would help you a lot!

And right now I just want to share some things from my living side in here, not about projects.
So to be honest these few months it’s just amazing for me here, I got lot of new friends, we stared traveling, spending lot of time together, going to party’s and more things. I would like to recommend for you, if you volunteer or planning to be volunteer try to socialize as much as you can, that thing will help you to adapt to new country, culture, religion and etc… 
I know I am not writing so much blogs, because for me it’s really hard to talk about myself, but I will try my best to write for you some more blogs before my volunteering will be finished… 

I hope you enjoyed that, and have a great day!










No comments:

Post a Comment